A wig cap (not to be confused with the cap that is part of a wig's construction) is a separate mesh or nylon cap (similar to pantyhose). It is placed over your natural hair.
The advantages of a wig cap are:
- It keeps the natural hair in place.
- It flattens the natural hair so that it does not detract from the shape and appearance of the wig.
- It provides a comfort barrier between the skin and the wig.
- It can assist in keeping the inside of the wig cleaner.
- It can prevent damage to the natural hair.
In this section you'll find advice and help on: