Data Protection & GDPR
As part of running a small business, TransCare collects necessary data from clients to manage and process orders, bookings, and maintain accounts and records. The company only holds information for advertising, marketing and public relations in connection with its core business; this may include past, existing or future customers or suppliers.
As TransCare only processes personal data for core business purposes, it is exempt from registration with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
GDPR Privacy Notice
Our contact details:
|Address||TransCare, PO BOX 3, Basildon, Essex, SS13 3WA|
What type of information we have:
We currently collect and process the following information: name and contact details, details of orders (including goods, sizes and preferences [such as colour]), and invoices and payments.
How we get the information and why we have it:
The personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- Enquiries about orders or potential orders (including offering advice on products and aftercare).
- Processing an order.
- Dealing with complaints or product returns.
- Invoicing and payments.
On some occasions, we also receive personal information indirectly, for example, when a third party places an order on your behalf.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
- Your consent. (You can remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting us using the details above.)
- We have a contractual duty.
- We have a legitimate interest.
What we do with the information we have:
We use the information that you have given us to process orders, to produce invoices and take payments, and handle enquiries relating to purchases or potential purchases.
We will only share this information (in part or in full) if there is a legal duty to do so, or if we have your clear written or electronic consent.
How we store your information:
TransCare uses Shopify to provide its online services: Shopify gathers the information necessary to process the order and stores it securely per their data protection policies.
We use PayPal for online payments; we do not store details of your chosen payment method, for example, debit or credit card details.
Unless you give written or electronic consent, we keep your personal data for a maximum period of 24 months. We will then dispose of your information (or the parts for which you have not given consent) by erasing it from our servers (including our Shopify database).
Your data protection rights:
Under data protection law, you have rights, including:
- Your right of access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing - You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability - You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us using the details above if you wish to make a request.
How to complain:
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data. You can contact the ICO by writing to Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF or telephoning 0303 123 1113.